Inhalt: about us
The Board Emden in Figures (2017)
- Total personnel 367
- apprentices (Azubis): 43
Organisational Emden and operational units:
- Head Office Emden, am Eisenbahndock 3
- Construction and buoy yard with workshops and berths
- VTS Centre for the river Ems
- Workshops and engineers pool for communication and radar.
- Exterior bases with maintenance squads for hydraulic engineering
Ships (specialized vessels)
- Multi Purpose Vessel (MARINE POLLUTION RESPONSE VESSEL) "Gustav Meyer": buoy tender, fire fighting, shipping police
- Marine Survey Vessels "Paapsand" and "Norderney".
- Buoy Tenders for wadden fairways "Norden" and "Lütjeoog"
- Hydrology Survey Vessel "Friesland,"
- Surveillance Boat "Lütje Hörn'', Traffic and Sounding Launch "Weekeborg"
Aids to Navigation (2017)
|shore bases Radar Stations||4|
|Unlighted Buoys||321 434 Navigational Buoys|
|Withies (Perches) abt.||1650|
|Total||abt. 2117 marks|
left: Light Houses Borkum
right:VTS Centre for the river Ems
Lenghts of and duties on maintained Fairways
Length: 62 nm
breadth of dredged
channel: 300 metres
(Aids to Navigation, sounding,and dredging to allow navigation of vessels with draught up to 13,5 m UKC)